
Upon returning home from Christmas vacation in Utah, we noticed Simon had a wound on his chest. It looked like a puncure or a bite but we had no idea what had happened. It didn't look infected, but Simon had been licking it so much that a patch of hair bigger than a quarter was gone around the wound. A blister of sorts started to form around the wound from all the licking and more sores opened up. I had no cones handy to put around his head, so I decided to improvise. I first tied a bandana around his chest and it helped a little but he managed to lick around it. The next day I got out th ace bandage and wrapped it around him. He hated it! He would walk really low to the ground for a few steps and then just stop and fall over. Have to say it was kinda funny. This worked for a day but then the ace bandage started to shift and I felt bad that it felt so tight on him. So, next I cut up an old shirt and made a little shirt for him- one that was not too tight but that he couldn't lick around. I went through two of these because he would lick at them and bite at them and would get the threads caught in his teeth. Luckily though, after a couple of days it worked and his wound healed enough for him to stop licking it worse.
The End.
0 comments:
Post a Comment