A couple of months ago, KR's class had a family day where we got to go out to the airfield and watch them fly. It was pretty neat since I always hear him talk about it but had never been able to watch-and probably will have few opportunities to actually see him fly in the future. This small orange and white helicopter is the TH-67, which is the training helicopter. He has just 2 weeks left of his classes for this one, and then he will be waiting for up to 4 months for his training classes to start in the Blackhawk.
I just thought I'd post a few videos of him flying. In this first one he's just doing a take off. Whoo hoo!
In this second video he is doing what's called an auto-rotation. They simulate an engine failure and then have to control the helicopter to bring it down for a landing. It's hard to see from far off in the video, but they really do come down fast and it looks like they're falling out of the sky. :)


2 comments:
So cool KR... I can't believe you are a helicopter pilot... that is awesome!
that is too awesome! and congrats to you and rachael on graduating!!
Post a Comment