Bailey's 1st Birthday was on the 14th and we had lots of fun. We took her to the zoo for the first time that afternoon and she really enjoyed the animals and being outside! In my stressed out attempt to make the day perfect, I thought ahead and charged the camera battery. Too bad I forgot to put it back in the camera. I was "slightly devastated" when I pulled out the camera at the zoo and tried to snap the first pic. :( That evening we had her birthday party at home. We invited some close friends and family over for dinner and dessert. Bailey was thrilled to have more little people (her cousins) running around to play with! She is such a friendly happy girl and loves to be around new peeps (and old homies :)).
And of course the classic cake-all-over-the-face-pics. It was all fun 'n games until she got icing in her eye and her mom tried to wipe it out. I even found pink boogers in her nose the next day. Yum! (meaning the cake, not the...)
I thought I would also include some pics and videos from the last few weeks. We can't believe how time has flown by and that our little baby is a year old. She is so sweet and silly and wonderful. We wouldn't trade her for the world.
Bailey has started to discover 'outside' and is always looking out the window and trying to escape if the door is left open.
Bailey knows when she's getting into something she's not supposed to. However, that doesn't usually stop her from going for it! It's hard to be upset when she gives you that I-know-but-aren't-I-so-cute? face.



Bailey with her Uncle Richard and Grandma Kirkendall!


A couple weeks ago, Bailey took her first steps and has taken off from there! She also likes to pull the cats' tails and legs, which they aren't too fond of. They are pretty good with her but when she pulls too hard or wont let go,they will paw or nip at her. I'm hoping it teaches her to stop, but she usually laughs and thinks it's a game! Allie really got her in this one.
Bailey with her Uncle Richard and Grandma Kirkendall!
A couple weeks ago, Bailey took her first steps and has taken off from there! She also likes to pull the cats' tails and legs, which they aren't too fond of. They are pretty good with her but when she pulls too hard or wont let go,they will paw or nip at her. I'm hoping it teaches her to stop, but she usually laughs and thinks it's a game! Allie really got her in this one.
She got a 3-in-1 wagon for her birthday (thanks!) and loves pushing it around and going fast! She gets pretty frustrated when she gets stuck after ramming into everything. We think it's pretty funny.
7 comments:
Yay for this post! We love it! She is such a doll and she looked so happy that it was her birthday! The cake turned out awesome, Em--I can tell how much effort you went into making her day so special.
(Your comment about the camera battery makes me think of the time that I forgot the camcorder at SeaWorld--remember??--and I was so upset I cried through the whole Shamu performance)
And thanks for putting the picture up of Bailey with the cat for our benefit--it was fun to see! :)
Can't wait to see you Bailey!
She is soo cute. Great job on the cake. She is a lucky girl to have a great mom like you. Sad to hear about the camera at the zoo. Give her hugs and kisses from her Auntie :)
BAILEY IS SO CUTE BUT I DIDINT GET TO WHCH THE VITEYO BUT GRAT PICS and I LOVE THE PICS OF BAILEY FROM ABBY
LOVE this post. She is udderly adorable- we just love Bailey! Her party was just perfect, you are the greatest mom ever!
Happy Birthday! Those cakes are amazing!!
I can not believe how big she is! Which is funny since Simon is growing up as well, but I still remember her so cute, little and snuggly. We can't wait to see you guys again. Simon and Bailey will have so much fun! :)
Emily, she has to be one of the most beautiful babies i have ever seen in my whole life!
Post a Comment