Well, I've put this off long enough, so before I forget all of the details of our trip to Mexico, I better get them blogged! I had about 750 pictures to weed through and it's been overwhelming. I'm going to attempt to share just the highlights so you don't get too bored, however, with the way the narration is already developing in my head - it's going to be more like a journal of play-by-plays. Sorry! I also reserve the right to embellish my stories to make it sound like we had the "funnest" vacation ever! -All of which will probably cover several entries over the next few weeks with lots of pictures - so deal with it! :)

In January, KR and I went on vacation to Mexico-this time to Cancun and Cozumel. We wanted one last trip before he went to Alabama and also to celebrate our anniversary and his graduation. As a graduation present, his dad gave us 4 free nights in a hotel in Cancun with one of those deals where we had to attend an infamous timeshare presentation. We had been through one of these before and felt it was still worth the free stay. (And yes, when the time came, it took us 2 hours to make it through the gauntlet of sales sharks. And even though we did get a free breakfast with the best fresh squeezed juices we had ever tasted, we vowed not to put ourselves through such a thing again!) We were a bit worried about the "free" room but it turned out to be a very nice hotel! We stayed here at the Westin for those first 4 days.
We loved our room and the hotel staff was great. Our room's view of the Caribbean was gorgeous as you can see!
![]()
Our hotel was the last one along the hotel strip and was the only one which had the ocean on one side and the lagoon on the other side. Here are a bunch of pictures around the hotel.
We were really impressed with the beach around the property too. It was a public beach, but they groomed it every morning and it was far from crowded. Unlike Puerto Vallarta, we didn't have vendors trying to sell us stuff every 5 minutes either. Looking back, we wish we had just spent more time relaxing and enjoying that beach! This was one of the nicest days. Unfortunately, it was at least partly cloudy for the rest of the week and even rained a little.
















3 comments:
How fun!! I'm jealous.. :) We went to Cancun on our honeymoon and just loved it... nice pics!
Oh my gosh... those pictures are beautiful! The beach looks amazing, and your hotel looks really nice.
Oh my gosh... those pictures are beautiful! The beach looks amazing, and your hotel looks really really nice.
Post a Comment