CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

4/27/2008

Duck Hunting

We have a pair of ducks who visit our pond every spring around mating time. This winter was a cold one so our pond was frozen over for quite a while and the water was real low. I didn't expect to see them back. The other day I noticed Simon creeping towards the pond and at first I had no idea what he saw. Once I realized it was the ducks, I grabbed the camera and crept over too (well it was more like a hunched-over waddle). Simon probably would have sat and watched all day. Brother, on the other hand, came moseying over wondering what all the fuss was about-not so stealth!

(Sorry-I tried to splice these 3 short videos together but it wasn't working right)

Simon on the hunt

Simon checking out the ducks

Brother joins the party...

...and crashes it!

0 comments: