This past summer, Bailey and I had the opportunity to visit my family for almost a month. We spent most of the time in Wyoming, and about a week in Utah. One of the main reasons for the get-together was to welcome home my brother Greg from his tour in Iraq. It was the first time in a while that all of us siblings could be together. It was tons of fun!! I have way too many pictures from my time there, so these are just some of the best along with a few highlights from the trip.
Although traveling by myself with Bailey for the first time was extremely stressful for me, the trip was well worth it. It was Bailey's first time being around so many new people! She got to meet and hang out with her cousins, aunts, uncles, Grandmas and Grandpas. She really enjoyed this and everyone was so great with her.
Her cousin Abby was like a big sister to her and so helpful. Bailey would light up and smile when she came to play with her!
My Mom's house is where Bailey first experienced the Jumperoo! She fell in love with it and would jump forever back and forth like a boxer in that thing. We had to get one of our own for her when we got home. As you can see here, she jumped herself to sleep! (And no, I didn't really leave her in there that long...)
My sisters, Mom, and niece Abby, had fun trying on the dress-up clothes we grew up playing with. Surprisingly, they actually fit us now! These were all beautiful outfits that once belonged to my Grandma Wardle. Thanks Grandma!
Bailey had fun hanging out with Nonna. (And I was excited to get to go shopping with no baby a few times :)). Thanks for everything Mom! We really had fun at your house.
Oh, and here are some of my mom's crazy karate moves-watch out!! (told you they would show up on the blog he he)
So the big day finally arrived and we were pretty excited. The feeling of seeing Greg's plane land and having all the volunteers holding flags along the flight line was awe-inspiring and very reverent. Makes you so proud of the men and women in uniform who sacrifice to serve our country.
I don't think any of us were as excited as Greg!
One afternoon we went for a hike/walk to our favorite wilderness area, Vedauwoo! The windblown rocks are gorgeous.
This is my sister who is responsible for all the gorgeous pictures of Bailey (above)!
Oh Yeah...
























7 comments:
finally! Like the prairie man ending! ha ha
So many cute pics. I LOVE TI! Happy New Year, Em. Say hi to the fam for me (do you think KR remembers me? I know Bailey does:)
Love the pictures Em, your hair was so long! Bailey is SO cute, and she looks so much older now.
It is so fun to see these pictures again.. I have so many great memories from that time together. I was laughing and laughing and laughing when I got to the end and saw the pictures of Greg.... soooo funny!! Thanks for posting these!!
You let your daughter hold a snake!?!? Wow!
Bailey is GORGEOUS! Such a little cutie. And the whole snake thing- yowzers!
Post a Comment